Thursday, July 15, 2004

I have discovered a new, slightly boring phenomenon...
if I leave my hair in a bun all day long by evening I look like Shirley Temple.  Countless seconds of amusement have been derived by pulling on it and watching my hair uncharacteristically bounce back into it's former shape.  As this amuses me, one might ask if my life isn't rather dull this summer.  And the answer is an emphatic no. 
For those who haven't heard yet: Lisl, Amanda, Shoey and I are moving off campus come August.  Debbie's old house if that means anything to you; or a little beige house behind the soccer fields if it doesn't.  The house needs a lot of work before we move in though.  I've started patching it up and managed to borrow a shampoo-er for the the carpet today.  A very fortunate deal.  Kelly and I will tackle that project this weekend and once Amanda gets down here it should be ready for painting.  We're all excited about the painting part, it looks quite nice in our minds.  In a moment of weakness I recanted my vow never to sew again and offered to whip up some curtains...ugh.   By the way, I might want to borrow a sewing machine if someone's got one.
Other than working for phys plant and on the house, I find I have very little free time.  The other night though a group of us discovered a new, very LU-ish type game. Constructionary. Basically it's charades but you have to use at least three legos in your acting out.  All kinds of interesting things came from that, ducks with human feet and airplane wings, and bowling with wigs. 
Oh, I've been meaning to put a quote up here that I found re-reading an "Room With A View" on my way to Washington. 
"Now don't be stupid over this...I do think you might try to understand him...But let your self go. You are inclined to get muddled, if I may judge from last night. Let yourself go. Pull out from the depths those thoughts that you do not understand, and spread them out in the sunlight and know the meaning of them. ut understanding George you may learn to understand yourself. It will be good for both of you"
Yes, it's a kind of random quote, but I did like the suggestion of spreading your thoughts out in the sunlight.  I do tend to muddle quite often and it's worth a shot...for the sake of less confuzzlement in future. 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home