Monday, May 31, 2004

I had a prayer request that I haven’t been able to pray for quite a long time. When it got to be a problem I gave it to the Lord and said I would stop worrying about it, but I wasn’t trusting. In reality, I had just buried it in the back of my mind and refused to think about it. Lately it’s come to the surface again and seemed more baffling than before. Yesterday I felt such a need to pray that I almost walked out of church to go find a quite place. Driving home I made a terribly feeble but genuine attempt to pray about it again, and last night I began to see it answered. I finally have peace about the matter.
I forgot that it’s ok to pray and get the answer “Wait, let me work”, but God gave me even more than that. In waiting, I can pray too and after my last goobered mess of prayer he at least steered me in a specific direction now.
Ok, I know this is a very vague post, but it’s my blog and no one says you have to read it :-p Maybe someday I’ll share more but probably not. For now just know that God is there, he’s very worth trusting, and he does care.
Caleb loaned me and Lisl a CD last week by Barlow Girls. There were quite a few songs that I liked on it but one song in particular comes to mind as I write this…

Never Alone
I waited for you today
But you didn't show
No no.
I needed you today
So where did you go?
You told me to call
Said you'd be there
And though I haven't seen you
Are you still there?

Chorus
I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel you by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I'm never alone

And though I cannot see you
And I can't explain why
Such a deep reassurance
You've placed in my life.
We cannot separate
'Cause you're part of me.
And though you're invisible
I'll trust the unseen.

Chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home