Saturday, January 24, 2004

Not sure why, but Lisl said I should put this on my blog. I don't claim to be a poet, this is just something I was learning and wrote down back in September. I suppose in a way it kind of explains why I've never dated and how I cling to friendships. It's based off of a piece of advice in Song of Solomon 8:4, "Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. "

Don't toy with my heart,
A plea to myself - not to others I make.
Silent affections play, dreams rise and fall.
Again and again I put my heart at stake
And when each love grows tired and starves alone,
I plead once again - do not toy with my heart.

Don't toy with my heart.
Love all, but only one with all that you are.
Grow it slowly, cautiously
Loves too quickly sprung overnight
Tend to die in the heat of the day.

Meager scraps to nourish the soul
Hungry my heart cries
Desperate to stop the hurt -
Don't toy with my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home