Thursday, October 30, 2003

Last wednesday I obediently showed up for Chemistry class. If I could have come up with an excuse good enough to convince myself, I would have skipped. Unfortunately no. I didn't learn a thing about chemistry that period (ok maybe one). Mostly I spent the time pondering on paper..this was the result:


Simple hands, plain and unadorned
ink stains cut across the fingers
where a careless pen has brushed

short jagged nails, clean and unadorned
callused and cut, show evidence of hard work
stubby broad fingers lie scared beneathe them

But, what's lacking in grace - made up in skill
hands trained to serve...to caress
hands taught to speak and sing

simple hands. plain and unadorned
their beauty masked in ordinary
for these hands were taught to pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home